I have a very cute and easy nail art for you today. 😀
Few months back my younger sister came to my home. She was wearing gorgeous bright pink nail paint on her long square nails. It was eye catching and as a nail art enthusiast although her nails looked awesome, all I could see was a potential ‘canvas’. So I insisted (actually much more than insisted..kinna begged her 😦 ) to allow me do some nail art on her nails. Those days mine wasn’t an established hand in nail art and I had no nail art tools eitherL. My sister is a tom boy (can you believe it, she is 26 and knows nothing about makeup: Grin), so her apprehension and lack of interest didn’t surprise me. But stubborn as I as am, I forced her and came up with a very quick idea, grabbing her hand to demonstrate my newly acquired form of art.
The results were amazing (at least I was amazed) and she got lots of compliments in her office for a nail art that took barely 5-10 minutes to complete. Yesterday, it just occurred to me of sharing this simple and non demanding nail art with you. So here it is.
- Avon Serene Nail paint (the purple color)
- Base Coat
- Top coat
- Black nail Paint/ Black acrylic color (Read about using Acrylic paints for nail art designs here)
- Do the mise-en-place by shaping, washing and drying your hands. Don’t forget the base coat.
- Pick up the base color (anything that comes to your mind) and color your nails and allow it to dry.
- Take hold of a tooth pick and touch the tip of the blunt end to a contrast color (I used black). Now place a dot on your nail (where ever you want to place the heart).
- Place another dot just next to it placed horizontally across. Add another dot just below the middle of both the dots. Simply put, try making a triangle using 3 dots.
- While the paint is wet, join the dots with the pointed edge of toothpick (pointed edge gives more precision to your work) to form the ‘heart’ shape.
- Repeat for all nails and to preserve the heart do not forget the top coat.
- You can throw away as many hearts as you wish (actually as many you can draw J ) on each nail.
- The number of heart need not be same on each nail, just let it be random or make a pattern by alternating.
- You can make it different by using the black color on your middle finger and make the heart using the purple color for contrast and complex effect.
- If you are looking for a small heart, place the dots closer. If you are looking for a slightly bigger heart you can space the dots a bit.
Please let me know your views on it, also let me know of you have any questions. I would love to hear from you. 🙂
- The Tribal Nail Art (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- Easy at Home Nail Art 17 – The Marble Nail Art without Water (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)
- The Leopard Print Nail Art with an Oomph! (thenailartandbeautydiaries.wordpress.com)