Hi Girls, there are two make up product I love the most. One is obviously nail polish and the other is kohls. I have been ‘awwed’ by beautiful pigmented kohls since ages. When I read Inglot has range of colored gel liners, my heart started pounding faster 🙂 . But I wanted to buy it after trying and not online. So I waited to visit an outlet on my own. Finally when I went to Delhi I pestered my hubby to visit Saket Mall where I could both shop Sephora and Inglot outlet 🙂 🙂 . What happened after that is not a mystery 😛 😛
What Company Claims : Long-lasting, waterproof formula.Can be used as an eye shadow or body painting gel.Brush number 30T is recommended for eyeliner application. PARABEN FREE FORMULA . NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Quantity and Price : Rs 850/- for 5.5 gms
Packaging : It comes in transparent sturdy plastic packaging. It comes in a tub as you can see. A brush doesnt come with and needs to be purchased.
After Maybelline gel liners I was totally gaga over these gels and would always sulk about non availability of other vibrant colors in India. So when I saw Ingot with so many colors, I felt my prayers were heard.The color of the liner is so gorgeous that I totally fell for it at first sight. This is an a bright a bright indigo color with purple undertones. This will suit any Indian complexion. After purchasing this, I kept it unused for a month approx since I couldn’t find an occasion to put it on. I was waiting for a perfect occasion to try them but later when it became irresistible, I wore it to work 🙂 🙂 . Needless to say, I received lovely compliments.
The consistency of the gel is bit thinner or wetter than the Maybelline gel liner. It is a bit easier to get on the brush and work with. I feel more convenient giving shapes to my eyes with this. But one has to be careful while picking it up on brush since a lot may come out with a little effort. You need a bit more of the inglot gel than maybelline to get the same opaqueness. The reason is that the consistency is not as thick/hard as Maybelline. So when you get more gel on brush there is a risk of not all the gel getting evenly spread. And the places where the gel is more will get slightly lumpy. But this is not a major problem as the probability is not high and impact of this is quite low to be notice.
The gel dries quickly so you don’t have to sit stoned after application 🙂 .
Application as Eyeliner : It is perfect to be applied as an eyeliner. There is vast variety of color you can play with. And the consistency allows to you do lot of creative work. The drying time is quick also. The finish of the gel liner is matte which adds to the classy appeal. It stays 6 hours or so. The sad part is , it doesn’t fade away but crumbles away.
Application as Kohl (on waterline) : I bought this with the sheer greed to apply it as a kohl. The color was intense and consistency was workable which overwhelmed me. But due to the wetter (sorry I do not know a better word to describe this) consistency as compared to the Maybelline gel liners, the major part of drying happens after application. So when I applied it on waterline, the drying part irritated me. I wear contact lenses so I have to be extra careful. Occasionally the dry crumbs would into eyes and irritate me. Although the problem is not very major but any discomfort with an organ as delicate as eyes gives you tears (pun intended) .
- One of the very few colored gel liners people in India can lay hands on
- Softer consistency compliments creativity
- This color will suit all Indian Tones
- Although it is from the “Blue” family with which the market is flooded these days, the ‘indigo-purple’ shade is a rare find.
- The quantity is more as compared to other gel liners available in the market.
- Matte finish distinguishes it from the crowd and makes it looks classy
- Perfect for both office wear and party wear.
- Long Staying
- Doesn’t smudge at all.
- Doesn’t bleed through corner of your eyes
- Very little is required so will be on your side for very long time
- A bit pricey (Rs 850 exclusive of brush) if you want to try experimenting colors
- Gets flaky and crumbles after 6-7 hours (I mean it comes off in small patches and doesn’t fade evenly)
- Micro particles may fall in eye occasionally if you apply on waterline
- The gel cracks over a period of time (as seen on other beauty blogs)
- You may need to invest in “Duraline” which will revitalize the gellish consistency (the SA told me the ‘Duraline’ can be used to turn eye shadow to similar gel to be used as gel liner :))
- Doesn’t come with a brush
Will I repurchase Inglot AMC Gel Liner Shade 83 ?
I don’t see it getting over for another year, so no question of repurchase till then 😛
Will I suggest others Inglot AMC Gel Liner Shade 83 to others?
Yes, if you are bored of black then this line of colored gel are a must have. It may be a bit pricier but quantity and color range justifies it.
Overall Rating : 4/5 (-1 for drying out on eyes)